New Work














I stumbled upon a blog by illustrator James Gurney, called Gurney Journey, when I was looking for a new way to talk to my students about color combinations and how to work with color.

James Gurney talks about something called color masking, using the red/blue/yellow color wheel. Check out the link....it seems that just about every color combination that one can uncover using this method is exciting...or it appears that way to me. It prompted me to cut a piece of wood, create paint swatches on fabrics and papers, glue them down and embellish the 3D borders of each square.

Even though I have always thought that art should have meaning, I am slowly realizing that it is okay to work with a concept that is more like a design problem. This is a work in progress.

Comments

Claire said…
Wow! This is really neat!